Did you know?
- 16.1% of Wikipedia editors are female (overall)
- 22.7% of U.S. Wikipedia editors are female
- Family, relationships, and gender are mentioned far more in articles about women vs. men
This event is held in honor of Women's History Month. Our goal is to build the body of knowledge about women on Wikipedia, while also getting more women interested in editing entries today and in the future.
- Be bold! You will learn to edit Wikipedia best by DOING. Make good faith edits and do not worry about making mistakes. Nothing is lost on Wikipedia, and anything can be undone.
- Respect your fellow Wikipedians! Be kind to those whose work you edit and to those who edit your work. Others will edit what you write. Do not take it personally.
- Keep an open mind.
- All edits should be explained in your edit summary or in a discussion on the talk page for the article. Big changes to an article should take place according to consensus reached in a discussion on the talk page. The talk page can give insight into the history and evolution of the article.