Find Information in the Databases?
To begin your research, try using Summon. With a single search, you can begin finding articles from scholarly, professional, and general interest periodicals, as well as books, electronic books, and much more.
Access to individual databases is provided through our Database Finder. From here, you can search or browse for databases by name, subject, or database type, or you can search several of our largest databases simultaneously.
Send or Receive a Fax?
Sending a fax:
- Request Transmittal Sheet at the Circulation Desk.
- Fill out Transmittal Sheet and submit it, along with original document(s), at Circulation Desk.
- Pay fee based upon rates (listed below).
- Collect your original document(s) and Transmittal Sheet upon completion.
Sending a Fax to Local/800 numbers: $ 0.50 (flat fee)
Sending Long Distance - USA/International: $ 1.00 (first 5 pages) and $ 0.25 for each additional page
Receiving a fax:
- Have faxes sent to (585) 475-2340.
- Ask the sender to include your name, phone number, local mailing address and e-mail address on Cover Sheet.
- Circulation Department will notify you (via e-mail, phone, or mail) when you have received and incoming fax.
- Bring valid I.D. with you to the Circulation Desk to retrieve and pay for your fax.
Receiving a Fax: $ 0.50 for the first 10 pages; additional pages cost 8 cents each.
(All faxes will be discarded after 14 days.)
Reserve A Study Room?
Study rooms are available in varying sizes to accommodate from two to eight people. These rooms are located along the perimeters of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
Use the online reservation system to make your room reservations. You can also access the reservation calendar for a specific room by scanning the QR code on the room's sign with your smartphone.
Borrow a Laptop?
PC and Mac laptops are available for check out at the Circulation Desk. The Laptops have a 4-hour loan period and can be taken out of the building. They are equipped with wireless cards, Microsoft Office and Internet browsers. An RIT ID and one other form of government issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID, military ID, or passport) are required at check out. Only one laptop may be borrowed at a time per person.
Only current students and faculty/staff may check out laptops. Alumni and guests cannot check out laptops.
Print or Make Copies?
|Black and White||$.08|
|Scan to PDF||FREE!|
To copy or print in the library you must first add money to your library "print" account. This account is separate from debit or TigerBucks. You can add money at the Circulation desk using cash or TigerBucks.
Print funds are encoded on the thin black strip on the back of your ID card. We recommend that you only add a small amount at a time because the money is physically tied to your ID and if you loose your ID the money will also be lost.