NOODLETOOLS SUBSCRIPTION ENDS 12/13/22
If you would like to access NoodleTools in the Fall 2022 semester, please contact the Reference Desk Librarian during Remote Reference Hours using the green button labelled CHAT/EMAIL/APPOINTMENTS at the top of this page. If the chat is offline, send us an email at the address shown above the chat box.
The library subscription will end on December 13, 2022. Details and other citation manager options below.
Please note that we will stop subscribing to Noodletools by 13 December 2022. We suggest that you transition to another citation management system such as Zotero. If you need 1-1 instruction, or you want a presentation on Zotero for a class, reach out to your college librarian.
If you wish, you can opt for a personal subscription. If you do this, it is recommended that you make copies of your citations. Below are directions for exporting your citations, notecards, and outlines.
Important things to know about NoodleTools:
- Subscription is provided by RIT Libraries at the Wallace Center and you must log in through the library website to use NoodleTools for free. If you try to access it from Google, you will be asked to pay a fee.
- You need to be able to identify parts of a citation to complete the fields correctly. A yellow exclamation point next to a completed field indicates a possible error and encourages you to review.
- After completing a form with fields you fill in, NoodleTools creates a citation. When you are done completing all of your references, a bibliography is created and alphabetized automatically.
- You can download, print, or email the completed bibliography.
- After completing your references for a paper, you will have permanent online access to your references 24/7 from anywhere.
- You can share references with other users of NoodleTools
Other Tools and Guidance
Another tool similar to NoodleTools is Bib Guru. If interested in exploring other citation managers, check out our Citation InfoGuide. Both are linked immediately below along with other library supported citation managers.