- Choose a journal or database
- Create your personal account in the journal or database
- Set up daily/weekly or monthly journal article alerts which are sent to your email.. Follow the source's instructions
- You have to first set up a free profile within the electronic journal or database so the system knows where to send updated information.
- The next step is to type in the keywords for the system to use to monitor updated journal articles.
The advantage of alerts is that they save you time in retyping your keywords to find updated information.
ProQuest - top right under the human icon choose 'Create My Research Account' . After Creating account Verify it from your email & start setting up alerts.
EBSCO - Create Alert - Sign-In - Create one now
ProQuest - set up Alert for Financial Times too.