What are Open Educational Resources?
Open Educational Resources (OER) are freely available educational resources and materials. OER materials are available for anyone to use. Some resources require a license to edit, modify, and redistribute.
Information About Open Educational Resources
Below is a list of articles and resources on the topic of open education resources and open access:
- 7 Things You Should Know About Open Educational Resources, Educause, 2010
- Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources: consortium of community and technical colleges committed to expanding access to education and increasing student success through adoption of open educational policy, practices, and resources.
- ETextbook Dissatisfaction Grows as Students Progress Through School, By Dian Schaffhauser, 8/25/2014, Campus Technology.
- Fixing the Broken Textbook Market: How Students Respond to High Textbook Costs and Demand Alternatives,Ethan Senack, The Student PIRGS, January 2014.
- Models of Open Educational Resources: OpenCourseWare, Sofia, and the Open Learning Initiative
Educause Research Bulletin, October 25, 2005
- Open Educational Resources in Higher Education, Margherita Berti. UAiR Issues and Trends in Educational Technology, 2018.
- Permission granted: open licensing for educational resources, 26 Feb 2009. Ahrash N. Bissell. Pages 97-106.
- SPARC is a global coalition committed to making Open the default for research and education
- Survey Shows Students Opting Out of Buying High Cost Textbooks Students Demand Lower cost Alternatives, Pat Donachie. Education Dive, 2017.
- What are Open Educational Resources (OERs)? United National Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. (2017)
- What are Open Educational Resources? Tanya Roscorla, 2016. Center for Digital Education.
- Where are all the Faculty in the Open Education Movement? by Jasmine Roberts, EdSurge, May 2018.