Why Do We Need to Cite Sources for Papers or Presentations?
- We need to acknowledge another person's work and ideas and give him credit.
- You have more credibility because your paper shows you reviewed, evaluated, and selected sources during the research process
- You avoid plagiarism.
- Your sources are easier to find. Readers can find the sources you used.
How Do You Incorporate Sources Within Your Paper or Presentation?
- Quoting-Copy a short passage word for word, set off by quotation marks.
- Summarizing--Restate the main ideas in your own words which is shorter than the origiinal
- Paraphrasing--Take an idea and put it in your own words.