Frame your thoughts first
- The type of information you seek will determine which information sources to search.
- You may have to use general keywords and synonyms or filter out your search results with other keywords or by year, species, population type, document type,etc. :
For example do you need data and information by:
- Location: (United States, specific state or country , international?
- Environment: oceans, wetlands, summer, winter?
- Impact? : humans? climate? invasive species? farm soil runoff?
- Social or economic issues?
- Technology/Procedures used to measure?
- Maps, satellite images, charts.
- History, background, definitions, etc.