Noodlebib is an online citation builder which helps you to create formatted bibliographies using APA, MLA, or Chicago styles. Features include notecards that link to your references, an outline tool, student collaboration tools, and Google Docs access. You have access to Apps as a subscriber.
Important things to know about Noodlebib:
- Subscription is provided by RIT Libraries at the Wallace Center and you must log in through the library website to use Noodlebib for free. If you try to access it from Google, you will be asked to pay a fee.
- You need to be able to identify parts of a citation to complete the fields correctly. A yellow exclamation point next to a completed field indicates a possible error and encourages you to review.
- After completing a form with fields you fill in, Noodlebib creates a citation. When you are done completing all of your references, a bibliography is created and alphabetized automatically.
- You can download, print, or email the completed bibliography.
- After completing your references for a paper, you will have permanent online access to your references 24/7 from anywhere.
- You can share references with other users of Noodlebib.
- You can access Noodlebib by going to the library home page, clicking on the Research Help tab, and scrolling down to the bottom of the page where it says Citation Tools. Click on NoodleTools to access.