The advantage of alerts is that they save you time in retyping your keywords to find updated information.
- Choose a journal or database
- Create your personal account in the journal or database
- Set up daily/weekly or monthly journal article alerts which are sent to your email.. Follow the source's instructions
- You have to first set up a free profile within the electronic journal or database so the system knows where to send updated information.
- The next step is to type in the keywords for the system to use to monitor updated journal articles.