Before searching databases and GoogleScholar, write out your search strategy focusing on :
- PATIENT/PROBLEM - What are the characteristics of the patient or population or problem?
- INTERVENTION - What do you want to do with this patient or population or problem?
- COMPARISON - What are the alternatives to consider?
- OUTCOME - What are you trying to accomplish, measure, improve or affect?
- Are you looking for a Therapy (treatment), Diagnosis, Harm/Etiology (identify causes for disease) , Prognosis (estimate patient's clinical course), Prevention?
- What Type of Study are you looking for Systematic reviews, Random Controlled Trials (RCT) , cohort study, case control? For more definitions click on this CREDO database search link.