Project: develop an imaging system to determine the ripeness of fruit.
What/Who/Where/How questions from a non farmer/non engineer:
- Which fruit was selected?
- Which similar fruit can be researched as an alternative?
- Do all fruit ripen the same way?
- Indoor or Outdoor ripening?organic normal ripening or influenced by chemicals/atmosphere?
- What triggers the ripening of a fruit?
- do the vines or leaves influence the ripening?
- do birds or other organisms impact or signal ripening?
- do I need agricultural measurements information?
- do I need statistics?, graphics?, tables?
- do I need geographic information?
- do I need soil information?
- do I need weather information
- do I need engineering information?
- do I need chemical information? chemical structure? background information
- websites?, reference books?,unfamiliar word definitions e;. climacteric versus non climacteric fruit
- Are there patents of similar systems?
- Are there standards on how to build or measure/
- Are the employees trained or is it based on experience/assumption?
- only one person at a time examines the row of fruit or is their a followup
- What is the purpose of the fruit ripeness imaging system? What are the existing problems? costs? transportation/storage of system
There is nothing worse than developing a product that looks great but is not user friendly and cost effective and saves time. Time is money in the business world.