Enabling Break-out Rooms
- Sign in to Zoom.
- In the navigation menu, click Settings.
- Navigate to the Breakout Room option on the Meeting tab and verify that the setting is enabled.
Creating Break-out Rooms
Note: You can also pre-assign participants to breakout rooms when you schedule the meeting instead of managing them during the meeting.
- Start an instant or scheduled meeting.
- Click Breakout Rooms .
- Select the number of rooms you would like to create, and how you would like to assign your participants to those rooms:
- Automatically: Let Zoom split your participants up evenly into each of the rooms.
- Manually: Choose which participants you would like in each room.
- Let participants choose room: Participants can select and enter rooms on their own.
- Click Create Breakout Rooms.
- Your rooms will be created, but will not start automatically. You can manage the rooms prior to starting them by following the instructions below.
Tip: Move interpreter/captionist in with DHH students—note interpreter cannot tell you who the DHH students are due to confidentiality rules